Friday, October 31, 2008
Sometimes in life there are obstacles and stumbling blocks so what will you do? Do you take time to lift that heavy blocks to clear the path ahead or just find another way out. Right now life seems to be a bit on hold for me nothing much to do but wait for the doctor's go signal that I can travel. It's quite frustrating in my part as I've post in my bulletin in friendster since this plan is almost over a year in waiting. I've quit my job for this but also for other reasons which I will not disclose and right now all I have is time and patience to wait for the day that I can go. This time around is also different since I've already invested too much money, imagine paying for my room beginning November and I'm not yet there. That's the thing that pressure me the most and rooms in Singa doesn't cost cheap and I bet if the doki says go the airfare would be quite expensive also. I'm always a budget traveler everywhere I go I make sure I don't spend that much amount of money but this time will be different I've really invested in terms of monetary means. I guess there must be a reason behind the delay, maybe God has plans for me and I just don't know yet. I wish I can be that patience and not frustrated and just find that other way around this stumbling block. I know these are just trials to make me stronger to help me move forward with my life when the time comes that I'll live on my own.
I've realize that its been too long I'm living on my own comfort zone, on things familiar and safe and not daring enough to make that drastic move. I've been to Singa twice already and this will be my third trip there with a lot of risk. But I really need this move and see for myself, live for myself and be totally independent and live on my own. I guess I've just been drifting through life my happy go lucky days, parties, living for the moment, contented with what I've got and not daring to take the plunge to the unknown. But now my mind is made up, my focus is clear, my dream is back and for the first time in my life I can say I've got something to really look forward, to get excited about and fire up my desires. Yes it's been a long time coming but there must be something there why all these stumbling blocks or maybe I just need to finish something here before I go there. Does that makes sense well I don't know, I just wish I could have all the patience and serenity in life during this waiting time. Wish me luck.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Random quotes from the genius Albert Einstein...
1. A human being is a part of a whole, called by us 'universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.
2. Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
3. Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.
4. Imagination is more important than knowledge.
5. I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details.
6. I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice.
7. God is subtle but he is not malicious.
8. A person starts to live when he can live outside himself.
9. Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing.
10. Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
11. Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds.
12. There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle.
13. Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen
14. Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
15. Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
16. If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.
17. Most teachers waste their time by asking questions which are intended to discover what a pupil does not know, whereas the true art of questioning has for its purpose to discover what the pupil knows or is capable of knowing.
18. Never regard your study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.
19. Humiliation and mental oppression by ignorant and selfish teachers wreak havoc in the youthful mind that can never be undone and often exert a baleful influence in later life.
20. Human beings can attain a worthy and harmonious life only if they are able to rid themselves, within the limits of human nature, of the striving for the wish fulfillment of material kinds. The goal is to raise the spiritual values of society.
to be continued...
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Hello my blogger friends well its been almost a month that I haven't written a single blog, well it seems life just kind of fly by so fast. With all the things happening getting RAI therapy and recuperating afterwards, my 31st birthday by the middle of the month and then meeting people for appointment to share my mission at the same time preparing for my trip. I haven't bought the ticket yet as I haven't seen the doki still hopefully next week since there's still a little bit of radiation left. I can't stay long or blog as often as I like since I'm still under treatment. But just to let you know I've started two new blogs middle of this month and if you like this blog of mine you can also blogroll my other two blogs:
Financial Notes - this blog is my online notes on stuff I've learn in my classes as well as the company and people who taught me so much about FINANCE.
Poetry in Motion - this blog is a much personal and detailed overview of my life in a poetic style, no ramblings in there, short stories or diaries, it will be purely my own poetry creation describing my life, love, people and places that inspires me to write.
So that's all the updates for now hopefully I can blog often by November but I do miss all my online blogger friends and also my FP blogger friends. TC All Miss you much....