Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Few Good Men



I'm that type of person who always sees good in everyone especially men. Despite how my friend's complains and groans on men's shortcomings and inadequacies I find them still lovable. But before my opinion of them shift completely to 360 degree I vow to stop chatting for awhile. You might ask what has chatting to do with my opinion of men.

If you must know I am a closet chatter for over a decade now creating different persona, nicks and situation that fits my liking. From being a naive chatter, vulgar, aggressive, revengeful, angry, playful, liar, hopeful, dreamy and then I calm down to just being me. I've meet all sort of people from all walks of life in different part of the globe. It's been one amazing journey but lately my enjoyment of chatting seems to evaporate as well as the way I've viewed men in general.

I mean of course I should have known better as if I'm a newbie just trying to learn the abc's of chatting, I guess I'm just tired of all the lies and the games and the senseless direction it always end. It doesn't stimulate me the way it used to be, the people are not the same as they were way back when and the lies have just grown out of proportion. I thought there are still a few good men left in chat but I guess I'm proven wrong, yes it's a bit of a generalized theory but heck I must stop chatting in order for me to still see the good in every men and not get a glimpse of the hidden beast lurking and hiding inside of them. Sometimes the one you thought are the good ones are among the worst one you could ever met.

But anyway I still find them charming and lovable and since this blog is about good men I'll say a little thanks to some of my closest friends who've been there for me through and through:

JP - I met him when he was still 19 y.o and almost a decade later our friendship is still there despite the distance. Although we don't go out as often as before but I know he will always be there for me whenever I need someone to lean on. He is really a rare friend to have that's very sweet and caring. I consider him my longest, dearest and closest friend who have the same temperament with me.

JB - I met him last year unexpectedly and through common known friends and shared interest it was so easy to form a bond with him. Since, it's not always easy to be away from home and your comfort zone he was always there for us whenever we needed anything and vice versa. It's always nice to meet a person who you'll know at the back of your mind that will protect you from harm and trouble.

BT - He is a close family ties through marriage with a cousin. I also met him last year and I'm very grateful for everything that he has done for me. When I almost become homeless (literally) he offer me help without question and let me sleep in his pad despite the limitations of his landlord. He even carry my very heavy luggage through his 3rd storey flat using the stairs. No words can express my gratitude despite his sometimes weird sense of humour and passion.

DM - I maybe a little bit bias with this person because what I felt for him is like the turbulent waves. Sometimes it has its up and sometimes it has its low but despite its ever changing flow he always makes me smile. Even if there are moments that I become so angry and would like to hate him but I really couldn't bring myself to feel that emotion. What I felt for him is hard to explain even to my closest friends. Some people can't comprehend my feelings for him. But let just say he is the constant person to keep me company at the loneliest and troubles times in my life. I meet him last December of 2007 when I was so sad, bored and depressed and he was there during my lonely days in Singapore. Whatever happens I'm so grateful to him who lights a glimmer of hope during my darkest days.

These are just a few people who have touched my life and have become good trusted friends. For all the men I knew who somehow cause me pain and hurt in the past I've all forgiven you because life is too short to hate you. It's a waste of time and energy and if not for that I would have not learn my lesson and grow. Sometimes it's even a blessing why things happen because it mold you into a much better and stronger person.

No comments: