Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Monthsary



It's been a month since I started this new job and now the decision really depends on the management. I've survived 10 hours of work per day at the same time studying my masters degree. But 10 hours is not a new schedule for me I used to work 12-14 hours a day including Sundays. I'm not workaholic its just I'm always dedicated to every job I have to the point that I was awarded a certificate of perfect attendance in my past company. It's quite funny though because if I'm studying I would have used up all the allowable absences. I remember one time my professor drop me in my MIS class because I have accumulated 5 absences but I complain to him that he cannot drop me since there is 7 days allowable absences so I pass the subject.

This is a very challenging job for me because you need to think all the time not like when I'm doing transcription works where you just listen then encode, nevertheless it is still a hard job. To sum it up there is no easy way out if you are slave to the corporate world, but we would not make progress if we will not work. Right now opportunities have come knocking on my door I've finally passed my board exam for teachers. I have a pending application to work in Department of Education but I was having second thoughts because I like my new job now no matter how tiring and hot our office.

Since, there is no aircondition in my workplace because the owner of the building did not inform our boss that their transformer cannot accommodate all the electricity we need to make our office function well like have proper ventilation and aircondition. Talk about deceiving our bosses and we really need aircondition because the computers life span will shorten due to many hours of hot climate.

Indeed, it is really hot here in the Philippines. But the management is contemplating on transferring our location to another building. I hope it will be soon cause your brains cannot function well if it's too hot lol....Sometimes I'm not making sense but I just want to write something since its my monthsary here at my new job....

No comments: