Friday, August 1, 2008

It's been awhile



I just came home from a night out with friends. I think the last time I went home early morning was back in 2003 it was after Jamaican night. But honestly speaking I really like going home when I can see the sun starts rising in the sky. As you may know I'm not a morning person so I can seldom see this phenomenon, when everything wakes up to see a new day just beginning, another new promise to make everything right.

Anyway, while I was riding a taxi home and I pass the rotunda where the church is located my mind started drifting a few years back in 2003. It was around 6am we were riding the van owned by my schoolmate in college. It was actually a hitch ride since we don't have a car at that time and getting a taxi is just taboo with too many people looking for a taxi ride home. Since, we meet them at the event and one of my schoolmates like my friend so they invited us to ride with them to Guadalupe.

Afterwards, when we reach the rotunda near church we see a little store who sells "puto & sikwate". We get out of the car and eat at the store. Ahhh for me it was heaven at that time eating "puto & sikwate" early in the morning with friends while the sun is just hovering in the horizon. Pure bliss for someone who seldom see sunrise.

Hey I'm not a vampire its just I find peacefulness after sunset where you can't see pollution in the air & the noises of jeepneys started subsiding while students and workers go home.

So what's the purpose of all these ramblings well I felt again that bliss while riding the taxi and was thinking about my friends way back when we were all one – the coolbabes. Ahh it was such fun memories, the craziness of all the things that we do, I will not forget those moments ever but I know in time well see each other again and laugh at our youthful folly. Hmmm actually I seldom felt those flashbacks anymore just don't know why the memories came rushing so fast so I decided to write and sleep afterwards.

For now we live life separately in different places, different friends and different directions but I thank you for all coming into my life. I have meet people who fill the empty places you've left behind they help me remember our past. But not actually relieving it but making new memories for me to savor later on. They make me see what I've missed out so much by my self-imposed solidad of not finding new friends and clinging so hard to the past.

Again thank your for another sunrise and new friends who'll probably fill another chapter in my life. Share many adventures, travel & stories though not the same as what we have before but yet still meaningful to fill a colorful hue in my life. Ok I'm going now not making sense sometimes when I'm writing coz' I want to catch up my thoughts. I'm not a writer, I'm never good at it but I just like to express my thoughts and maybe perhaps you get a glimpse inside my head :-)

No comments: